Friday, September 4, 2015

Time to Hear the Beat of the Drums at the Tillyfest in Breitenbrunn

Hello folks! Wow, it seems that I was away again for sometime. This is the busy life that I have now. I wish, I can turn back the time when I have a lot of time, everytime and  anytime of the day! lol!


The musicians during the parade at the Tillyfest in Breitenbrunn last 2014.I will surely visit it again this year.

How was your first week of the month? I hope everything is going great. So far, so good for me and I am thankful about it. I believed it is time to have fun again. Although I really have a busy life, I also find time to entertain myself.
I just don't want to stay at home when I have day off. We need something that will deviate us from our day to day job.  Anything  that make us happy  like go walking, on a day trip, visiting a festival, watch a movie, go to the disco, or simply spend time with  family and friends.

This is also the reason why I am planning to visit again this festival that I always love to see.  The Tillyfest in Breitenbrunn is held every year in September.  This festival is already a part of the culture and tradition in the town.  This is a festival that commemorates the history  during the 30 years war in Breitenbrunn during the Middle Age. It was  named after Grafen Tilly who visited first the area in 1624.

The highlight of the festival is the parade that takes place on Sunday during the weekend. You can see a lot of participants, performers including musicians with their colorful festival costumes and decors.  For now, it is said to be visited by over 12,000 people near and far.

Breitenbrunn is municipality located in the district of Neumarkt in Bavaria in Germany.

No comments:

ShareThis